Wednesday 30 January 2013

Pretty in Pink

I love playing with my Distress inks....I love making bkg. and playing with simple techniques.  That is what this card incorporate; simple stamping with water.  You don't need a lot of supplies to create this effect.
Here is what I did. 
I began by masking an area on my cardstock then sponged shades of pink Distress inks onto my paper.  Next, using the bkg stamp from Penny Black called  Circular Design, I sprayed it with water and stamped it onto the inked area.  Since Distress inks are water based, you can see how it leaves a pale impression where the water removes the ink  .When dry, I stamped the Dreamy flowers with black Memento black, then embossed with clear.  Isn't that sentiment just wonderful!  I stamped the sentiment called The Best Day the same way as above.  I am including this in the challenge at Moxie Fab....Create Your Own Background Paper.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Memento bl/ Distress ink/ pop dots/ mix and match paper PB

10 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous. I'm going to try this technique. Thanks for sharing.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful - love the subtlety of the background and those swoopy flowers!

Hannelie said...

I love it... so beautiful!

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous background!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, this turned out really awesome!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card!

Sharon said...

Stunning as always Karen. You can make so-called simple techniques just shine!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Karen - this is so beautiful and the sentiment is just precious. What an uplifting message from you first thing in the morning (at least for me :)!!!
Blessings,
Audrey

Janine said...

I love everything about this and I am going to give this technique a try.

DJreflections said...

Would you explain how you did your masking?