Tuesday 19 February 2013

Imagination Takes Flight

Today's card was based on a quote as a challenge.  Here it is:

 "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."

Well my imagination did take flight when I got out my Distress inks and started to play.  I created the background by rubbing the blue Distress ink pads onto my non-stick craft sheet, sprayed with water and then put the paper through the ink. When it was dry, I stamped in the circles, musical notes and the sentiment. I had a piece of the bkg. left over so stamped it with sheet music first then over-stamped the butterfly and cut it out so I could pop dot it onto my card.
Thanks so much for coming by to take a peek.  Have a good week.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black, Inkadinkadoo/ Distress inks/ non-stick craft sheet/ gems/ pop dots

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

You are the queen of the distress ink techniques - they always look so cool! Love this quote and you've portrayed it PERFECTLY!

Susie said...

Fabulous work. Beautiful.

joy said...

Love the blue and white and the serendipity achieved with the distress inks for the background. Gorgeous!

Carol L said...

I'm blown away! Both cards are simply sensational with these beautiful backgrounds!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the butterfly!

Dotty Jo said...

Yummy card, such a gorgeous inky mix of colour and imagery, Jo x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the background and the musical butterfly.

Dianne said...

OMGOODNESS the background is stunning, the stamping looks fabulous and that butterfly perfect, thanks for sharing...

Wida said...

beautiful!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Blown away - the splashes of ink, the stamps, the composition!