Sunday 3 February 2013

Polka Dot Sprigs and Vibrant Colours


Happy Sunday...sure hope you are enjoying your weekend.  It goes by too quickly doesn't it??  Today, I am featuring 2 cards I made for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast and the challenges going
on at Moxie Fab...create a window card. 
Here is what I did.  I created the main panel by using drawing circles with my Copics and then adding alcohol to blend.  I then stamped the new Polka Dots Sprig from Penny Black with black Memento ink..love polka dots. I cut a window using a square Spellbinders die so it would look like the piece is framed. I pop dotted the main image inside the window cutout and added the sentiment Thanks a Bunch. 





Here is the second one I made but I am entering this one in the Moxie Fab; create your own Background.
Still playing with my Copic markers, I coloured a grid pattern on my cs then dropped blending fluid drips to leave an impression. I then went back when the piece was dry, and stamped the Hillflowers from Penny Black and embossed them in black. I added twine for a simple card.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look today.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Copic markers/ bl Memento ink/ pop dots/ twine

17 comments:

Hannelie said...

Both beyond beautiful, but the pink one stole my ♥!

Doris said...

Can't wait to try this with my Distress Inks and pens--what a great look!

RedGem said...

Both beautiful cards... they look like paintings! Tku for sharing your creations!

SeattleStamper said...

So pretty! I love the pink one on the top.

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty! My favorite is the top one!

Donna Ellis said...

Karen, I LOVE these cards! Such bright cheeriness, and awesome colors. Thank you for sharing how you created the gorgeous, textured backgrounds with the copics - I'm thrilled to know this and will try it, too. By the way, I found your blog thru Pinterest and then your SCS gallery which referred me here - just thought you should know! Thanks again, hugs, de

Dianne said...

Beautifully colored background both of them and stamp looks stunning with

joy said...

Gorgeous cards, Karen!

Ardyth said...

LOVE! The geometric, colourful backgrounds with that sharp black - stunning!

shirley-bee said...

These cards are so striking, Karen! I love the pink one, very dramatic.

Cheryl said...

Oooh, I am so happy you left a comment on my card on Splitcoast so that I came over here to check out your blog. Your work is GORGEOUS! I am going to try some of these techniques. I'm your newest follower!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Both are so pretty!

Sue McRae said...

Love the bold colours and patterns.

Anne said...

They are both wonderful, however, I am in love with the first one! Those colors are amazing together and I am a big fan of polka dots too! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks also for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Sandy Ang said...

both are beautiful but i love the pink and red one especially