Wednesday 26 June 2013

OLW146- Splats and Splatters


Welcome to another week for the OLW Challenge (One Layer Wednesday).  This week the challenge is:  

Splats and Splatters- add them to your card


I love adding splats and splatters to my cards.  I started my card by masking the center area and sponging on Distress inks.  Next I stamped the ink splats (Recollections Stamps) and then splattered by pressing my Distress ink pad onto my acrylic block and picking up the colour with a water pen and flicking it onto my card.  When dry, I sponged on more ink, added the sentiment (Daisy Bucket) and scored the lines. 
I am also adding this card to the CASology Challenge: free (What does free mean to you?  To me it means having lots of free time to play with my stamps and ink.) and Free for All at Simon Says Stamp.

I really hope you get a chance to play along this week.  Here are all the details:


OLW146 Rules

1.  Create a one-layer card.  This is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other 
      layers allowed!

2.  Create a card that has splat and splatters on it in some way.  Add a link to your card.  
      Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of cardstock.

3.  Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button below.  If you link to your blog, please link to 
     the specific post, not your blogs main page.

4.  Have fun!  I am looking forward to seeing what you create.



16 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome card. Just what I needed for this day.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Awesome, fun and FREE! Love it!

JanR said...

I love that sentiment. Wonderful card!

Ardyth said...

Looks fun!

Barb King said...

This is great, I am going to give it a try!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Really COOL!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I have more splatter then splats, but it was still fun to make :). Great challenge Karen!

OH Babs said...

A great card - love your choice of colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

What isn't fun about playing with ink? Great card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Such fun .. love the splatters against the distressed background - and great sentiment.

Anonymous said...

I really like this card, great concept.

Jingle said...

I LOVE this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

maria f. said...

Another beautiful card, Karen.

Cheryl said...

What a fun challenge, Karen. Love your sentiment too!

Dorte said...

I love your 'splatter' card, Karen, so funny. Lovely colours and a great sentiment.
Dorte,x

Rosemary said...

love your take on the cue word!! fab card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!