Saturday 8 June 2013

Sending Sympathy


Welcome to the weekend.  Played along with the a challenge at Splitcoast yesterday; Field of Flowers. I really like to have some sympathy cards on hand and my stash needed to be refilled so here is a card I made using the watercolouring effect.  I used a set from Paper Smooches, inked with Distress inks then sprayed with water before stamping.  By adding the water, it gives a great  watercolour look to the stamped image.  The purple flowers remind me of the lilacs blooming in my garden right now.
I am also adding this to the challenge at Addicted to CAS; circles (I think it qualifies as the little flowers are circles).
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look and have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamp; Paper Smooches, Stampin Up/ Distress ink/ mini mister/ pop dots


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

HI KAREN!! {insert wave}

Love the water color effect! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Anonymous said...

Hello there-What a pretty card,i love the way you have made your flowers.
Thank you for stopping by my little blog-and for taking the time to leave a comment-i appreciate it :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Ardyth said...

Mine never turn out this beautiful when I try this technique. Guess now I'll have to try it again! Great colours and effect!

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful card Karen, loving the watercolor effect and gorgeous colors.

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercolor Karen!! Love the technique, love the images ... love the colors. Wow! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Bonnie said...

The watercoloring is so lovely and I love how it wraps around! Beautiful colors too!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous, Karen, the watercolour effect and colour palette are just stunning! Anita :)

Florence said...

Beautiful card Karen. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Florence x

CherylQuilts said...

This is fabulous, Karen! I love the colors, and I'll check out that CAS challenge...sounds interesting!!