Sunday 8 September 2013

Happy Earth - card #2


If you tuned in yesterday, this wknd I am challenging myself to make 3 different cards using the same stamp.  
So, here is card #2 inspired by the FS challenge and the Inspiration challenge at Splitcoast (inspiration photo below)  I love how the Distress inks blend together when you add water and that is what I did with the image.  I then cut it out and rounded the corners and pop dot mounted it to the flat panel.  The embossed bkg. was created by turning the embossing folder on its side and then running it through my machine.  I added the scoring lines to clean up the edges.

Thanks so much for coming by to take a look and stay tuned for card #3.

Supplies:  stamps; Fred Mullett, PSX/ Distress inks/ pop dots/ SU embossing folder/ scoring tool



7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, love the colour combo! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful :)
Nessa xx

Char said...

You "nailed" the color scheme. The card is beautiful -- great way to use the embossing folder as a background too.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous too! I love the three layers of ink and the way you embossed the background. Looking forward to card 3!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like the color combination! That's a neat stamp too!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what beautiful cards you make Karen.
thank you for your comment on my tea card on splitcoast.

greetings karin

Gabby said...

Nice card! Like the colors that you've used based on your inspiration. :)