Sunday 29 June 2014

Summer Inspired

 
Happy Sunday.  Can't believe that June is almost over and we are into summer holidays here with a long weekend, the kids being out of school and loving the warm weather. 
I wanted today's card to reflect the feel of summer with it's colours and the images of the flowers.  I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.  All the stamps I am creating with today are from Penny Black. 
 
I began my card by die cutting a circle to use as a mask for my main circle image.  I masked my paper then stamped the Mosaic flowers, die cut the circle and coloured with Copic markers. 
The main panel is stenciled on an angle for interest using Distress ink.  I added the sentiment from the Friendship Flowers set and pop dotted my circle to the card front. 
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
  
 
Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
 
Hope you can enjoy a wonderful summer's day.  Thanks so very much for popping by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Copic markers/ Memento bl ink/ Distress ink/ stencil/ pop dots/ Spellbinder circle die

7 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! And it truly does reflect summer!

Anni said...

Your coloring is amazing and the colors are fabulous!
Anni

Deepti said...

Fab colors :) I love the masking n coloring on the focal panel, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great flower card, great design and wonderful colours!!! I love this!!

Greetings
Maria

Sue said...

Very pretty card, Karen. A lovely summery card and colourful flowers. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such bright vivid colors, so happy and so summery. It's a winner!

Loll said...

Such beautiful flowers Karen. Love the dotty background. Loll xx