Tuesday 12 August 2014

Great Friend

 
Hello.  Give me some stamps, paper and Distress inks and I am having fun.  This card started with this fun sentiment from Technique Tuesday.  I wanted a way to highlight it over a background. 
This is the process I used. 
I stamped the sentiment in black Memento ink and embossed it with clear powder.  Next, I inked up the background stamp with Versamark ink then rubbed off some of the ink in the center area where the sentiment was placed.  I stamped and embossed with white embossing powder.  I painted over that with watered down Distress inks and splattered with white paint.   When that was all dry, I coloured the camera with Copic markers and added it with pop dots.
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Little Red Wagon- EMBOSSING
 
Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK
 
 
Crafting At the Weekend- ANYTHING GOES
 
 Moxie Fab- CLICKING CAMERAS
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  I appreciate it so much!
 
Supplies:  stamps- Technique Tuesday, Michaels, Hero Arts/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ embossing powder/ pop dots/ Copic markers

15 comments:

JanR said...

Fabulous technique, Karen! It makes for a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Loll said...

LOVE how you did the background Karen. And perfect sentiment to pair with a camera! :) Thanks for joining us at ATS&M and Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

Unknown said...

Your card looks great! Fab background! Ingrid x

Kylie said...

Awesome card, Karen! LOVE the background and the sentiment and camera are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Good - a blue card! I was beginning to worry yesterday when I didn't find any blue on your card! ;););) Just kidding! I love blue and I swear you make the coolest backgrounds! Also love the sentiment!
(I also posted a blue card today, in case you feel like checking it out...)

Lisa Lara said...

Very cool with your stamped bg, waterdrops and sentiment.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful and fun! Glad to see you again at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

Gabby said...

Good-looking card, Karen! Love that bkgrd. :)

Unknown said...

Love the mix of different shades of blue! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Lyndal said...

FAB card Karen, this would be perfect for Moxie Fab World Camera Icon Challenge too!

Beverley said...

FAB technique & awesome card. Love the sentiment too :) Hugs Bev x

teri said...

This? I love it a whole lot!
Bravo, Karen!

Teri

Deepti said...

What a fab BG and modern, funky looking card :) you are such an amazing artist. I always leave inspired at ur blog, Thank you for sharing with MMCC !

sannalippert said...

ah, I love chevron :) this is again so pretty!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC again!!!! <3

Elina Stromberg said...

Love your card! The background looks amazing, and the camera image is really cute :)
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in September!