Saturday 14 March 2015

Round We Go

Happy Saturday.  
Do you ever feel like you have lost time somewhere??  Phew...that's what I feel like after this busy week with no time and no mojo.  Is it the lack of sunshine or what!!

WELL, this am I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast from a Pinterest board called Beautiful Cookies.  I am not a big cookie eater but loved all the inspiring designs and colours I saw.  I found this unusual cookie that doesn't look very appetizing but had interesting designs on it:

Trillium Art cookie based on art by Marion Bradish- cookie by Rebecca Weld The Cookie Architect 

 So, I began by stamping my Zentangles stamp from Serendipity Stamp in black onto my white cardstock.  I then cut squares that were one and a half inch in size.  I coloured the squares with Copic markers; should have used some purple but I liked the blue better with the colours I used and of course, what is a card without blue.  I then cut the squares in half diagonally and rounded the corners using my Corner Chomper.  I mounted the triangles using pop dots to created the pinwheel shape. 
The sentiment from Mama Elephant was stamped under that and the finishing touch was the button with the twine.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- THINGS THAT FLY



Sister Act Card- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks so much for taking time out to come by for a visit.  

Supplies:  stamps- Serendipity, Mama Elephant/ Copic markers/ pop dots/ Corner Chomper/ Memento bl ink

17 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Brilliant how you created your pinwheel! Much easier to mail than those three-dimensional ones!

Marie-Louise said...

This is really super Karen.

Unknown said...

What a lovely card such a great idea with the triangles and I just love the colours! Fantastic job ! Thank you for joining in the Sister Act card challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Karen! I love how you created your pinwheel so much...the patterns are so striking and your CAS design is perfect!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card Karen, love how you used the Zentangle stamp for your windmill. Susan x

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card & a clever idea for the windmill :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, yes, where DOES the time go? I so agree, Karen!! LOL! But what a beautiful and fun card! I just love the Zentangle spinner with the button and twine!! What a great and colorful card, sweet friend! Spring is coming! Woohoo!! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love your card. And, your card looks more delicious then the cookie. LOL That is a fun and fantastic pinwheel with the zentangle look.

Carol L said...

What a zentangle beauty this is! I love those vibrant colors and can just visualize something this colorful spinning in the wind! Gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is fabulous!!!!

Bonnie said...

I agree that this cookie doesn't look too good to eat, and I like cookies usually. Love your pinwheel interpretation! Lots of fun!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fabulous boys make with these funky papers in their strong colours. Brilliant. Thanks for joining in with our 'Boys' challenge at Southern Girls. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

shirley-bee said...

The Zentangle pinwheel looks fabulous, Karen! The colours and patterns are so vibrant, it just keeps drawing the eye in.

Ela said...

Fantastic clean and simple design!
Thanks for joining us, over at Challenge up your Life.
Ela

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful pinwheel card, love the colours
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is really neat! I love all the colors. Coloring in the zentangle parts was a great idea. It took me awhile to figure out how you got those shapes (it's early in the morning) but now I get it!

Karen Oliver said...

Love your design and those fabulous colours. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.