Friday 16 June 2017

Wish Big- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and welcome to another card for the 

This month our theme is Summer.

This is what I came up with.

I began by stamping this great image from Technique Tuesday onto a heavy white cardstock.
I clear heat embossed it to prevent it from running when I dipped it into the inks.
Next, I pressed some of my blue Distress ink pads directly onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with water and dipped my stamped piece into that.  
There was still ink left on my mat, so I used a wet paintbrush to add more colour to the washed bkg.
Next, I die cut the frame and the opening with my Cuttlebug then using my Misti, I stamped the sentiment and the birds onto the frame.  
I cut my stamped piece small enough to fit inside the cut away area and pop dotted it into place.



Please come join the challenge with your summer card.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to CAS- CHEERS
Simon Says Wed.- EMBOSS
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES
City Crafter Challenge- FRAME IT


Supplies
Stamps- Big Wish (TT); By the Sea 2 (Gina K)
Inks- Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Stormy Sky, Peacock Feathers Distress (TH); Memento bl
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; In and Out Diagonal Stitched Rect (MFT); clear eb powder;
heat tool; Cuttlebug; non-stick craft mat (TH)

19 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fantastic and gorgeous Karen

gr karin

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen..I LOVE how you framed your gorgeous seashore silhouette images and added a couple more birds to the frame. Your card and eye really flow with your beautiful design. TFS and always inspiring all of us. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

The silhouettes work great against that ever so pretty background. The little girl looks like she is shouting here comes Summer....perfect x

Loll said...

Love the colours of your gorgeous summer sky with the silhouette beach scene, Karen. Stamping outside onto the frame is such a great technique! xx

Susan said...

A perfect summer image - looks like the person in the image is totally embracing the wonderfulness of summer! Love the contrast of the blues with the black.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the silhouette image
Carol x

Bonnie said...

This card says JOY to me, my friend! I love your depth of watercolor in the sky! Love, love, love this!

Susan said...

Terrific card. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Marina said...

This is a wonderful, happy image - the watercolour goes perfectly with it - and I love how you stamped in the frame. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic card Karen,I just love coming over and seeing what you have made and how lovely is this, the blue and the lovely silhouettes. Gorgeous scene.xx [aNNie]

Cara said...

Your watercoloured background is just perfect to show off those fun stamps x

Pat said...

This is so elegant Karen and I love the way you have framed it and the silhouette scene looks wonderful with the blues you have smooshed over it. x

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful card! That image and sentiment just go together so well and I love the watercolour! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful CAS card, Karen! I love how you created your watercolored background...it's perfect with the silhouettes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your lovely creations in the gallery :)

LeAnne said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card...silhouette, BLUE, gorgeous watercoloring, BLUE, cute sentiment, BLUE!!! Can you tell I like blue! LOL! Thanks for having me as a GD this month, it was a lot of fun!

anja curvers said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She's showing how big her wishes are, a fabulous card.
Faith
x

Tracy Freeman said...

Really beautiful card, love the background it works so well with the silhouettes.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge x

Trina P. said...

Just beautiful! Love the added frame.