Sunday 13 August 2017

In the Moment

Good Morning.

I have been enjoying playing with my Distress Oxide inks and seeing what I can come up with.
For today's card, I rubbed DOX right onto my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with water and dragged my paper through the ink.  Love how it layers and give sort of a 'chalky' look to the texture of your card.  I kept pressing my paper into the ink using 2 different colours until I was happy with the coverage.

I then placed my inked piece inside my Misti and stamped this great sentiment first so I would know how much room I had to stamp the flowers.
I stamped the flowers in black and then to add interest, I stamped them again using more of the same colour of DOX that I had used for the bkg. to give a shadow effect.
I splattered on some water to lift some of the colour...another fun effect you can achieve with these inks.
Pretty simple and straightforward.  



Thanks so much for the visit.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
Crazy 4 Challenges- MONOCHROMATIC
Sweet Stampin'- FLOWERS


Supplies
Stamps- Wildflower (TH); Beautiful Moments (Close To My Heart)
Inks- Tuxedo black Memento; DOX- Broken China, Cracked Pistachio (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Mister (TH)

14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Those DOX look glorious. Love the shadow effect of the stamping and the sentiment is great x

Aquarius said...

Another brilliant effect using the DOX - who would guess that blue is your fave colour?? LOL Great sentiment too.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful layered DOX inks, Karen. I love how you stamped your sentiment 1st then added more layering with your wild flower images. There is so much interest and dimension to your one layer card design. TFS my friend. Hugs

Loll said...

Gorgeous as always, Karen. Love the technique of stamping with the same colours of your smooshed background to give a subtle background stamping of the flowers. I always learn so much from you!! I don't know when you changed your profile picture ... but I just noticed it today. You are so beautiful, my friend ... inside and out! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Karen, I love the tone on tone with the DOX inks, awesome card and great sentiment

Susan said...

Lovely layering of both the DOX and the blue and black flowers! And one of my favourite sentiments!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Karen! Love, love, love that sentiment and the soft shadow stamping!

Craftychris said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment! xxx

Ruth said...

Beautiful!
Best regards from Ruth

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous. I love the flowers in the blue and then overstamped with the black.

aussie aNNie said...

The sentiment grabs me as much as your beautiful work with the gorgeous background and stamping.xx [aNNie]

Lin said...

Your blues always stop me dead in my tracks, Karen - love the flowers stamped first in black, then in the colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE the sentiment and as Lin above says, your blues are just wonderful.
Faith
x

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW I love your card, absolutely stunning. I love the flowers, the colours and the wonderful sentiment.

Hugs
Anke