Wednesday 15 November 2017

Full Bloom- The Flower Challenge

Welcome
You still have time to come and play along with us at 

Our theme this month is CAS, Clean and Simple.

http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.ca/
You just have to go and check out the fabulous cards this month...very inspiring.

So onto my card.
I began by placing my card front into my Misti and stamped the flower image from Avery Elle in black Memento ink.  I stamped the image again onto another piece of cardstock, then die-cut it using the Stitched Dome die.  
Next, I loose watercoloured just the flowers on the die-cut using my Tombow markers.  I scribbled them onto my non-stick craft mat and picked up the colour using a wet paintbrush.  When the panel was dry, I pop dotted it over the blackline image to create a highlighted area that draws in the eye.
Using my Misti again, I stamped the sentiment and mounted it all over a piece of pink cardstock.


Hope you get a chance to come and play along with us.
Thanks so much for taking time to visit.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- SILHOUETTE
Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES
Pause, Dream, Enjoy- CAS
Word Art Wed.- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Live Life (High Hopes); Mother's Day (Avery Elle)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Tombow markers
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Stitched Stacked Dome die (MFT); pop dots

19 comments:

Pat said...

This dome shaped prettily coloured topper looks great over the outline stamped image to give the spotlight effect Karen, and love the sentiment. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That card is so beautiful! Gorgeous colors.

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Karen. A super way to do spotlight stamping. I've been checking your posts but not been able to leave comments for some reason. Barbxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what different colors for you, but I LOVE it! I love a soft pink, and what a beautiful flower and fabulous layout! Love the die shape! Hugs!

Bunny said...

This is beautifully colored. Love this card and the sentiment. [Bunny]

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen. Great design x

nancy littrell said...

I love how you spot lighted your colored flowers, Karen Your card design, coloring and sentiment are soooo wonderful. Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous, love the layout on the dome background and love the spotlight colouring :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Such delicate , beautiful card!! I love this!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Craftychris said...

This is beautiful and such a cool design idea! Love your colouring - beautiful! xxx

Cara said...

This is so pretty, love the colours x

Lisa Kind said...

Your card is very pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card here Karen, such pretty flowers and use of colour and love how you did the arched spotlight area too ;) hugs Viv xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That color pink is so bright and beautiful! I really like how it pops! The die shape is unusual, but very pretty, like an ornamental window. TFS!

Bobby said...

I love the spotlight coloring, Karen. So impactful on a CAS card.

Ruth said...

Really really pretty with the spotlight area. such gorgeous soft colours too xx

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Pause Dream Enjoy. Hope to see you again next time.