Monday 2 April 2012

Easter Lilies

Hello and welcome to Monday.  The weekend just goes by way too fast and I need to get cracking at making a few Easter cards.  Today I am playing along with the CAS challenge at Splitcoast which is to make a card featuring the Spotlighting technique.  Here's what I did:
I stamped the lilies in black twice then punched the circles out and coloured them using Copics.  I added the black borders and pop dotted them on top of the first stamped panel....voila....Spotlighted.  The sentiment is an older stamp from Penny Black and the flowers are from Northwoods.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Supplies:  Stamps: Penny Black, Northwoods/ Copics/ paper punch

8 comments:

Heather T said...

Beautiful use of spotlighting, Karen.

JanR said...

So pretty! I keep meaning to try this technique.

Jessi Fogan said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the purple shades of the spotlights!

shirl said...

beutiful card Karen. Love this technique and I am going to try it today in one of my snippets of time. I keep a copy of your cards in a folder in my card file where I keep cards I like. I can spot your cards right away with jsut a second of a glance. Hope you find some snippets today and we see a new card posted.

Unknown said...

Karen great stamping , colours are fab love this card Hugs Elaine

Loll said...

Karen, your lilies are just beautiful and I love the soft colors. What a wonderful way to use the spotlighting technique.

Vicki Dutcher said...

KAREN! Hi!! So thrilled you have a blog! Welcome to blogland!

This card is TOTALLY AWESOME! Fabulous spotlighting!!

Add an email gadget! I would sign up in a mini secant! :)

Anne said...

Spectacular!