Wednesday 28 November 2012

OLW116, Scene It


Welcome to another week for me to be hosting the OLW (One Layer Wednesday).  This week I am challenging you to:

Scene It....create a scene on your card

I am most anxious to see what kind of scenes you create on your cards and how you set them up with only using one layer.  This stamp from Serendipity Stamps is wonderful to use to create a scene.  I especially love it because I live right near Mennonite farm country and this so reminds me of some of the farms nearby. 
To create my card, I masked the oval area then sponged blue Distress ink on the open area.  Next, I stamped the image then coloured it using more Distress inks and a water pen.  To do that, I just press my ink pad onto my acrylic block and pick up the colour with the brush from there.  Very easy and you can really achieve a nice watercoloured effect.  The sentiment is from Basic Grey.
I am also entering this card in the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays; Winter Blues
Sure hope you have time to play along this week. 


OLW116 Rules

1. Create a one-layer card.  That is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!

2. Make a card that depicts a scene in some way.   Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum and NO ADDITIONAL LAYERS of card stock.
3. Post your card online and link it to the InLinkz button underneath.  If you link to your blog, please link to the specific post, not your blog’s main page.
4. HAVE FUN! I am looking forward in seeing what you create!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

great theme, love your blog

Sue said...

Superb inking and stamping, Karen. Lovely card! x

sandie said...

what a great scene but a hard challenge! You have made it look so easy!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - hoping to have something on Friday!

Angie Tieman said...

What a great CAS card! Love the blue tinting around the circle image, very cool! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is OLW (One Layer WONDERFUL)!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Karen as always.

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous card. Love that stamp

Susan Raihala said...

Great card, Karen, and a fun challenge!!!!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Karen! I'd hoped to get time to play with this challenge, but the time is gone. Maybe after Christmas things will settle down so I can play the OLW challenge again.