Saturday 23 February 2013

The Sun's Reflection

Put down the blue ink pad!!!!!   Amazing eh?   There is not a speck of blue on today's card; the yellow makes me feel happy and wanting Spring.  
Anyways, I am playing along with 2 challenges today.  One is the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast and the other is at CASology inspired by the word 'FLAME'.  I took the word 'FLAME' as a colour inspiration and inked my stamps with Distress inks in yellow and orange.  I sprayed them with water before stamping so the colours would blend nicely together.  I cut out the panels so I could pop dot them onto my card.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Distress inks/ Memento bl/ pop dots



17 comments:

Ardyth said...

Beautiful as always. Love the depth of the yellow and the layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Karen!

Hannelie said...

My favorite color!
Beautiful!

joy said...

Really stunning, Karen! But, I always love seeing the blue!!

Lin said...

There's that stamp set again :)) Love your happy uplifting card, Karen!

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning colours, love the pearls! Anita :)

JanR said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love it.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Nice idea to spray the inks so they would blend. It really makes the white flowers pop. Great card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful, bright, cheery card!

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card, what a lovely sunny card

Annalize said...

I do not usually like yellow but this is GORGEOUS!

mn36 said...

another masterpiece!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, this is beautiful! I love the color variations with the Distress Ink! Super! And you make each stamp set a "gotta have" for me! LOL! I really like how you've used this one! Hugs, Cheryl

Meghan said...

Great layout and fabulous card! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Dianne said...

Love the rounded corner very kool, and the inking awesome thanks for sharing and hope your having a great weekend...

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous inking and I love the addition of the pearls. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the cue word... love the inked panels! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the warm colors, wonderful inking and blending! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!