Saturday 13 July 2013

Natural Beauty


This card show how I love to just play around with my inks and stamps.  I decided to make a card for the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today (photo of the cake below); a card for the Little Red Wagon challenge (Monochrome) and also a card for the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  I stamped the ferns from Hero Arts then embossed them in white.  I then sponged on Distress inks in shades of green and then flicked white paint over that for a quick and simple card.  I added the twine to keep it more rustic and natural looking so it could be suitable for a male or female.
Thanks so very much for coming by to take a look.  I SO appreciate all your most kind comments and emails.  Hugs!!

Supplies:  stamps; Hero Arts, Paper Smooches/ Distress inks/ wh embossing powder/ twine/ pop dots/ wh acrylic paint


10 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen. Love it!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Your card is amazing love the resist effect.
I'm glad to found your blog with such gorgeous art works, I love your style. Now I'll sign up as a follower. I'm glad if you visit me too:-)
Hugs Anja

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the sponging it looks fantastic :) Cathy x

JanR said...

Lovely card, Karen! I love how you added the twine to the image panel. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful in the greens with the water spotting and white resisting!

Darnell said...

Is this a card, Karen? No, I don't think so. Surely, you've taken this down off your wall to show us, or perhaps you borrowed it from an art museum? Me, in awe!

Robin K. said...

You are a master of this technique! Lovely!

Linda Beeson said...

How wonderful is that green!

Petti said...

great card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)