Sunday 9 February 2014

Celebrate Life


Good Morning.  We're talking leftovers this am.  Not the kind you have in the fridge but the paper variety.  I always keep my leftovers to hopefully use in another way.  
I had coloured a piece of cardstock by inking my non-stick craft sheet with Distress ink, then sprayed with water before running my paper through it.  I used the leftover paper to create the flowers.  I stamped them, cut them out and pop dotted them onto my card over the extra leaves I cut as well.  
The backdrop for my card is stenciled using drywall tape, leftover, and some Distress ink.  The sentiment was added last and it is called Celebrate Life from Penny Black.  Great saying to live by!
Sending this one out to a special friend.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
Keep it Simple- TROPICAL
PB Sat. Challenge- SOMEONE SPECIAL

Thanks for dropping in and have a great week.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, Stampin Up/ Distress inks (Broken China, Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters)/ drywall tape/ Memento ink/ pop dots/ pearls/ Corner Chomper

14 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

WOW. Karen! This is GORGEOUS! I love blue (I know we both do...LOL!), but this is amazing! I love how you've used the dry wall tape and love the sentiment with the beautiful flower! Love how you've created it! So beautiful! Pinning this one for sure!! Hugs, precious friend, and keep warm!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

I love this ... the blues, texture from the stencil, yet enough white space too.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the colours and the soft background, Cathy x

Davi said...

Wow Karen I think this is stunning! I love the blue and flowers are really gorgeous!!

Joni Andaya said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Karen :) Loving the blue!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a Beautiful, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Hannelie said...

I so admire your skills Karen!
beautiful... just like all your creations!

Gabby said...

Lovely card, Karen! I adore the variations of color and the textured look of your pretty inked flowers. The bkgrd is great, too. :)

Pat said...

Gorgeous card and great layout. Everything about it is perfect!

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at PBSC! xxx

Laurie HIMCR said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the pearls! They add just the right touch! So elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Lin said...

I just love your card, Karen - so glad you like blues as much as I do!! :))

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a happy card Love the flower!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Lyndal said...

LOVE the layered flowers Karen!