Thursday 13 February 2014

Clean and Simple


One layer, clean and simple.  Give me some ink and paper and that's what I came up with.  
My card began with a stenciled background; some Salty Ocean Distress ink and some splashes of water rubbed over my stencil.  I pulled out one of my favourite stamps from Penny Black called Hill Flowers.  I love how the silhouette flowers look against the background.  The sentiment is also from Penny Black called Happiness.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
One-Layer Simplicity- CAN YOU REPEAT THAT 
Less is More- ANYTHING GOES (OLC)

Have a great day.

Supplies; stamps- Penny Black/ stencil-The Crafter's Workshop/ Distress ink/ Mememto black ink/ twine


7 comments:

Marianne said...

beautiful card

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is great! I understood the weather is very cold and snowy over there. Hope you can spent more time crafting now :-). Hugs, Ankie

Heather T said...

Your background is gorgeous and soft which sets of those lovely silhouetted flowers perfectly.

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love this technique, I will have to try something like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

CherylQuilts said...

Well, Karen, the blue gets me all the time!! LOL! And it's striking with the black! Absolutely lovely, as always, precious friend! And wishing you much love today...and hoping you are keeping warm and cozy! Hugs!

Gabby said...

I enjoy creating cards with silhouettes over beautiful backgrounds and this card is FANTASTIC, Karen! :)

Petti said...

Great background and great card! And a "nice break" from all the pink-ish valentine's card I've seen :)