Monday 17 March 2014

Sunny Days Ahead


I think we can all agree that this has been an unusually long winter and we will all welcome the arrival of Spring and sunny days ahead of us.  I am playing along with the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast this am.  
I began making my card by using a stencil for the bkg.  I applied gesso over my stencil that looks like a brick wall.  It gives a subtle backdrop for my flower panel.  
The flower panel is created by colouring the flowers with Memento markers and spraying with water before stamping.  I then sponged my bkg. for a nice, warm and sunny feeling.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Less is More- STENCILED or MASKED
Simon Says Stamp- MOTHER'S DAY

Sending you sunny days and thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek.

Supplies:  stamps-Unity/ Gesso/ stencil/ Memento markers/ mini sprayer/ twine/ pop dots/ pearl/ sponges

15 comments:

G Peplow said...

Lovely warm colours on your beautiful card ,love it :D x

Julie B said...

A very sunny card Karen, love those daisies. The sun has been blazing out here for the last week but it has now disappeared behind grey cloud and it looks like it's likely to stay there for a few more days:(

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, a perfect sunny card for a call for spring to come soon! What beautiful colors sponged over the lovely flowers! Gorgeous technique too with the Gesso...think I may have a to try it, because I LOVE how yours looks, sweet friend! Hoping it warms up soon for you!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Stamp Talker said...

pretty

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) the colours and CAS design are fabulous ! Love the wrapped twine too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sally H said...

That is beautiful, Karen! Love the colours!

Teresa Kline said...

yes Karen, I too am awaiting warm weather....your card is sooo bright and sunny. I can feel the warmth from here...very sweet! I am so thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Heather said...

A fabulous card Karen, I love the gorgeous colour scheme - fabulous inking and a lovely image and details!!

Thanks so much for joining >Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen, the stenciled background look wonderful with your beautiful sunny flower image ;)

Anne said...

Karen what a lovely sunny card!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Squirrel said...

So sunshiny, this card just leapt off the LIM entries at me - I had to pop in and tell you. Gorgeous!
Rosey x

MaryH said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your recent visit. Love this bright pop of sunny color against your stenciled brick background. Very subtle texture and so beautiful with the fun orange & yellow colors of the focal image. TFS & Hugs

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Karen Your cards are really gorgious , very card is a piece of Art, I really love them and I glad that I can be your follower!!!

Greetings
Maria

Viv said...

Another beautiful card Karen, love the bright colours and the pretty flowers :) Viv xx

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, those colors GLOW!!! So warm and wonderful, and the background is very clever and subtle. Love the whole design, gf!