Monday 16 June 2014

Mottled Background


Good Morning.  I am here again playing with inks and experimenting with techniques and colour combinations.  I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast this am.
I started by inking up my acrylic block with DYE ink.  I found that other types of inks didn't give me a very good effect with this technique.  I then dripped Blending Solution onto the ink.  The Blending Solution pushes the ink away so that when you stamp you get a lovely, sort of stone looking background.  When dry; it dries very quickly, I stamped the flowers then added the sentiment and added the twine.
I hope you get a chance to try this technique out.
 

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Keep it Simple- SPLATTERS

Addicted to Stamps- CAS

Just for Fun- HERE COMES SUMMER




Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, PTI/ Blending Solution/ Dye ink/ Memento bl/ twine/ acrylic block

8 comments:

Nonni said...

SO beautiful once again. I'm a true fan of your work!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous - the background is wonderful. Elizabeth xx

Davi said...

Karen that is a stunning background and the flower silhouettes look wonderful on it :)

Sue said...

Wow, amazing background, Karen! Thank you for joining us at ATSM :)

Deepti said...

How do u always create such pretty backgrounds :) I am amazed everytime, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Daria Z. said...

Love that bg, Karen! Thanks for sharing how you did it!

Susan Renshaw said...

Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun...what a lovely background...I am now going to have to try that!!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along at KIS!! :)