Tuesday 10 June 2014

Two-Step Stamping


Morning.  Today I am using a two-step stamp and a new technique to me on my card.  I love coming across some new ways to play with ink and paper.  
I will start by explaining how I did the background behind my flowers.  
I rubbed DYE ink onto my acrylic block by randomly pressing the ink pad directly onto my block.  I added a few drops of Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution right onto the ink.  It reacts with the ink by pushing it away leaving some wonderful patterns behind.  Then I pressed my block directly onto my paper and let it dry so it would be ready for the next step...the flowers.
For any of you that have never used a two-step stamp set, they are wonderful especially for getting a watercolour look.  I took the solid part of the flower stamp and coloured it with Memento markers in a deep blue so it would stand out and the leaves in green.  I sprayed with water and stamped onto my inked background.  When that was dry, I inked the outline stamp with Memento black and positioned it over the solid image and stamped.  
The flowers I used here are from Rubbernecker Stamps.  They have a fantastic selection of floral two-step stamps that are easy and fun to use.  
The large bkg. is inked with Distress inks, sprayed with water and stamped for a more subtle, distressed look.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps-Rubbernecker, Mama Elephant, Hero Arts/ Memento markers and ink/ twine/ pop dots

20 comments:

Susie said...

Really beautiful. Must try.

Lin said...

I, too, love, multi-stepped stamps, and I love your card today, Karen! The blues are so dreamy!

SD pooja said...

Its beautiful...

Nonni said...

This is so beautiful, a work of art really! XXX

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, wow!! This is absolutely stunning! I always love when you use BLUE!! You really rock this color, and this card is amazing! I just love your two-step stamping and how you are using the inks and blending solution. Gorgeous card, sweet friend! Hugs!

Unknown said...

I like it! Great ideas to try.......now out to the craft room! Thanks for posting!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous as always !

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous, Karen! I love the distressed envelope background, and the dye ink/blending solution technique looks fab. And I always love seeing your creations with those two-step Rubbernecker stamps.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Karen, love those striking flowers, great background technique too, TFS, Cathy x

Davi said...

Love the bold blue flowers and cool backgrounds you created Karen! Really Beautiful :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Karen you are so good, what a beautiful card I love this blue flower, and the background is also very beautifull , I love your ART!!!

Greetings
Maria

Laurie Unger said...

Oh wow! I really like the background you created behind the flowers. I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

Julie B said...

A different way to create a stunning background, must have a try!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Karen, for the detailed instructions and beautiful card. I will definitely check out Rubbernecker Stamps. You inspire me to continue with making cards. :)

Anonymous said...

HI Karen! I'm so glad you found me because now I found you :-) Thanks so much for the sweet comments and your blog is spectular! Love this two step stamping!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely stunning, love it to bits!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sarn said...

This is GORGEOUS. Thanks for visiting me from Darnell . . I came by to return the favour. xxx

Daria Z. said...

This is just beautiful, Karen. Love the color combo and combination of stamps!

Busybee said...

love the beautiful card own many rubbernecker stamps not sure if i have this one...can you please tell us which sentiment stamp you used?

Busybee said...

love the beautiful card own many rubbernecker stamps not sure if i have this one...can you please tell us which sentiment stamp you used?