Sunday 4 January 2015

A New Year!


Welcome to 2015! 
 I am getting back into the groove of making cards again and needed a Happy New Year card.  
I like how this turned out although the camera can't do the silver embossing powder justice.  Very hard to capture the true shine on film.  Good, easy card to mail as well.

I began by stamping the outside edges.  First, I ran the edges of my card front against my Versamark pad and heat embossed it with silver powder.  Next, I stamped the edges with a Grunge stamp from Kaiser around the edges.  
I wanted the card to be a celebration so I randomly stamped the stars from Impression Obsession around the edges but it needed more so I took my pencil eraser and created the dots to look like confetti.  Again, all were stamped with Versamark and embossed with silver powder.
Last, I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches in the center.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- HAPPY NEW YEAR

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Virginia's View- CLEAN SLATE

Card Mania- MAKE IT SPARKLE

Sisters of Craft- ANYTHING GOES

 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look. 

Supplies:  stamps- Kaiser, Paper Smooches, Impression Obsession/ Versamark/ Silver Eb powder/ heat gun

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - the border is awesome and the movement of the stars and dots is really fun! Happy New Year, my friend!

Tracy Penney said...

Karen, I always love your CAS designs. I love how your created this card with all the different stamps. The silver embossing looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with our New Year's challenge at Little Red Wagon.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your Cas card looks fantastic!!! I wish you a very happy, healthy and creatif 2015!! Or did I do it already??? Have a very fun and exellent year!!!

Greetings
Maria

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely fresh looking card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Lisa Lara said...

This is so beautiful Karen. Love how you embossed the whole thing. Great case, I love that you stamped a border.

Unknown said...

Lovely card, great use of the eraser! Karen x

Loll said...

LOVE the grunge of this image ... so spectacular done in the silver embossing! So clever to use your pencil eraser to add the dots. xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love the grunge look and the embossing looks fab.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card Karen. I like it very much. Thanks for joining us in Card Mania Challenges

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great card. It definitely feels very celebratory. I haven't used a pencil eraser for polka dots in ages!