Monday 5 January 2015

All You


 Clean and Simple....meet today's card.  
I am playing along with the CAS challenge at Splitcoast this morning; make a monochromatic card.
So of course, blue came to mind immediately.  

I stencilled the corner using Peacock Feathers Distress ink being sure to saturate the edge with more colour and fade out as I got closer to the top.  I stamped the flowers from PTI and the sentiment from Daisy Bucket using black Memento ink.

The card needed something at the top.  I added a strip of washi tape and tied the twine on top of that.  I like how it all worked together.  I rounded the bottom edges and mounted that onto my card.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Virginia's View- CLEAN SLATE

That Craft Place- MONOCHROMATIC


Hope you are keeping warm and toasty.  We finally have snow but the temps are freezing. 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Daisy Bucket, PTI/ Distress ink/ washi tape/ Memento ink/ Corner rounder/ half pearls/ stencil/ twine

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Another great card, love the colours and how you've used the stencil. Karen x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!! LOVE the colors! Happy New Year!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great background to showcase that gorgeous silhouette flower. I love the CAS style.

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, I love all the depth of colour you've achieved, and that perfect silhouette stamping! Jo x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love the colour tones xx Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, how beautiful! I just love the shade of blue, and the stenciling is beautiful and a wonderful background for the great flowers and wonderful sentiment! Just love the twine and washi tape at the top! Happy New Year, sweet friend, and warm hugs!

Loll said...

Love this card Karen. The colours, the design, and the polka-dots (I do LOVE polka-dots! Beautiful as always. Have already pinned this! ;) xx

Karren said...

Fabulous - love the stenciled background!

SarahGeorge said...

Awesome card Karen! Love the super cool look of the card! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your beautiful comment! Hope you'll come back again :) Happy New Year to you :)

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous!

jenn shurkus said...

LOVE this card! the striking black designs and splash of teal!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

Sarn said...

This card is GORGEOUS. Love turquoise and black together. x

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen! I love the effect you got with the black silhouette ove the aqua!! Looking forward to a new year of your creations :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great card , beautiful colours , I love it Karen!!!

Greetings
Maria

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such peaceful colors! I love the strip of washi with the twine over it.