Sunday 11 January 2015

Kindness Blooms


Happy Sunday Morning.  

I am back playing with my blue Distress inks and I just got some new 'toys' to play with so I wanted to make a card using them.  I got a new stencil from Simon Says...it reminds me of a cozy, warm blanket you could wrap up in.  I laid my stencil down on the white cardstock then applied Salty Ocean and Peacock Feather Distress inks over the paper.  To soften the look, I sprayed the ink with water.  

I wanted the flowers to have a watercoloured look so I coloured them with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped down the side of my card front.  Love how the water blends the colours together and it is such an EASY way to achieve that look.
Stamped the sentiment from Simon Says with black Memento ink and done.

TIP:  I wanted to mount my stamped piece onto a blue card front but didn't have any paper the right colour.  To solve that problem, I inked the edges of the white card with my Peacock 
Feather Distress ink.  Worked great and there is less bulk for mailing as well. 

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- SOMETHING NEW
(stencil, SSS, SU Flowers)

Happy Little Stampers- CAS WATERCOLOURING

The Mixed Media Card- NEW

Shopping Our Stash- SOMETHING NEW

Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe- BLUE TONES


Thanks so much for coming for a visit.  I truly appreciate it!

Supplies:  stamps- SU, Simon Says/ stencil-SSS/ Distress ink/ ink applicator/ Mini Mister/ Memento markers/ Memento bl ink



15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card, Karen! Jo x

Loll said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Karen. Love that stencil ... hmmm, I see my wish list has just grown :) And your flowers are so beautiful. Thanks for the tip about sponging the colour around the edges. And thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! Loll xx

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Karen and such gorgeous colours. Love to see you share this at Just us Girls this week for our STENCIL challenge.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Terrific background Karen and those big blooms are lovely! Hazel x

Chana Malkah said...

I do love your new stencil and you have employed it well in tnis design. Nice composition and execution. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Chana Malkah said...

HI, Karen,
Stopped by to let you know that your project is featured on our FB page today, www.facebook.com/avenue613 Please stop by to say hello and to grab your Featured Artist Badge. We would also like to invite you to our Block Party Challenge 1001 Techniques! Looking forward to seeing you there. http://avenue613.blogspot.com
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

Love the soft watercolour effect you've achieved. Karen x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Another great card with that stencil. It has such a different look here but still so comfy!

Whimsey said...

Gorgeous - I'm with you; that stencil DOES remind me of a soft blanket. Adorable!

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

jenn shurkus said...

absolutely loving all the blues on here with the bold sentiment!! awesome card!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp!

Kylie said...

Another stunner, Karen. Your background is awesome and I love the blue vibe. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Beulah Bee said...

I have that stencil too! You have a terrific knack for using them in your card backgrounds and I especially like the softness this one imbibes.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE this new stencil! Yes, it reminds me of a warm blanket! And, wow, what an amazingly beautiful effect you've achieved with these fabulous (and favorite) colors! And a great tip too - I use my Copic markers for matting to get the right color too! So sorry you've been sick and praying that you feel better real soon, sweet friend! Tender and warm hugs!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful layering and I love the colours! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at the MMCC.

maria f. said...

Another beautiful blue creation from you, Karen. Thank you for joining us at the MMCC this month.