Saturday 31 January 2015

Pink Watercolour

Happy Saturday!

First, let my begin by saying a most grateful THANK-YOU for all the emails and well wishes you sent to me.  They were most appreciated as I tried to get well from a very NASTY! infection and cough.  So happy to be able to feel productive again and play with my stamps. {smiling}

My creative juices got flowing this morning after I saw the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.  I saw this beautiful candle package and I thought of my Rubbernecker stamps.


I began by masking my watercolour paper then grabbed my stamps.  This stamp from Rubbernecker is a 2-step stamp so first, I inked the stems and flower centers with black Memento ink and stamped.  
For the second part which is the flower petals, I coloured my stamp with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped onto my slightly wet watercolour paper.  By using the markers you can add variations of colour right where you want it to be.  The water just helps them all blend together well.  

HINT:  If you don't own Memento markers try using Crayola markers....your kids most likely have     some of these kicking around the house.  I have used them when I didn't have the right colour or one of my Mementos had dried up.  Since they are water-based you can still achieve the same effect.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Technique Tuesday to finish off my card.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS-ual Fridays- MUST LOVE WATERCOLOUR

CASology- BIRTHDAY

Addicted to Stamps- CLEAN and SIMPLE


Thanks again so very much for your continued support and for all your most kind comments and emails.  I do so appreciate it!!
Have a great weekend and stay healthy!


27 comments:

Hannelie said...

So glad you're feeling better!
I missed your beautiful work... like this fabulous card!

Unknown said...

Lovely to see you back making great cards. Karen x

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card - looks amazing! Hope you continue to feel better and better, Jo x

Virginia L. said...

So artsy and gorgeous, Karen! Your colors and shades of pink are simply FAB! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Virginia L. said...

Sorry to hear that you were unwell. Hope you are feeling MUCH better! Sending hugs!

Sarah G said...

Glad to hear you are up to creating again, Karen. This is stunning - love that image and the watercolour look!

Ardyth said...

Glad you're back in the land of the living! What a beautiful image! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Bobby said...

Glad you're doing better, Karen. I love this stamped flower, but then you always do such beautiful flowers. You may want to send it to Inkspirational where their color challenge is "rose."

Lee Ann Barrett said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Karen! Lovely to see your gorgeous flowers again!

Kylie said...

Absolutely stunning card. The colours are perfect and I love your design! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercolored flowers for your 2 Step flowers and wonderful sentiment. Pretty colors too. TFS Karen.

Shona Chambers said...

Such beautiful flowers, the colours are stunning! Always hard to get back into it again when you've been feeling sick. By the look of this card though, your feeling much better!! So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

Gabi MeWi said...

Wonderful card with gorgeous stamps.

Lin said...

Love it, Karen! This stamp is wonderful done in watercolor! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Karen, I am so glad you are feeling better! Been praying for you!! And what a beautiful card to cheer us all! I love this floral image that you use so beautifully, and what a simply elegant card! Sending warm hugs and love and continued prayers, sweet friend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That is so amazingly beautiful. Love the colors of those blooms.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Karen...we've missed you! This is such a beautiful CAS card! You've done an amazing job with the two step stamping on the flowers and I love the vertical sentiment...it's just perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card! So glad you are back and feeling better.
Chris

shirley-bee said...

I always love your Rubbernecker cards - you're such an enabler! Glad you're back in the swing of crafting mf :)

Susan Powell said...

glad you are feeling better! This card is GORGEOUS!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your creativity was really flowing well! Such a stunning card!!! Glad you are up and at 'em again.

Melissa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen! Wow! Those flowers are fantastic!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

Unknown said...

Watercolour WONDERFUL :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we would love to see you back again soon!!!

Dee Miranda said...

Such a great card! Your watercoloring is perfect!
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays (:

Unknown said...

Love..Love..Love the flowers and the colour. I'm glad you joined the fun @ CAS-ual Fridays :-)

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

What a beautiful card with lovely coloring.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays challenge.
Hope to see you again.
Hugs
Archana

Michelle said...

Beautiful poppies!
Thanks for the crayon tip...must try it! I love the way the memento markers color!
Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!