Friday 2 January 2015

Watercolouring Challenge at Happy Little Stampers

Morning.  I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.  I had some time off to spend with family and friends that was great.  It is such a busy time of year and it is nice just to take time to stop and actually enjoy it! 

Do you love the look of watercolouring as much as I do?  There are so many different ways to add the look of watercolouring to your cards and here is just one of them.  

My dear friend Loll Thompson, asked me to be the Guest Designer and play along with the 
 

http://www.forum.happylittlestampers.com/viewforum.php?f=75

I created my card by inking the inside of an embossing folder with Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters Distress ink, sprayed with water and pressed my paper into the wet ink.  Embossing folder stamping is such an easy technique with great results.  
 Next, I stamped a script on the far left hand side of my card front to help anchor the flowers and to add the look of texture behind them.  Then, I inked up the flowers from Unity with Black Memento ink and  stamped the sentiment from Rubbernecker. 

Live, Laugh, Love.....great motto to live by for the New Year!

I hope I have inspired today, to get out some stamps and ink and play along with our fun challenge.
Just click on the link above to check it out.  To see Loll's beautiful card go here:

Thanks so much for coming by and for all your wonderful emails.  You make my day brighter!
Looking forward to another wonderful year together.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Rubbernecker/ EB folder/ Distress inks/ Memento ink/ mini spritzer

19 comments:

Loll said...

I LOVE this technique Karen ... and you have perfected it!! :) Gorgeous green and black combo and a beautiful design with the watercoloured honeycombs and script background. Thank you so much for being our first Guest Designer at Happy Little Stampers!! Happy New Year, dear friend! xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous! The background looks so effective.

Basement Stamper said...

Need to remember this technique-love how your card turned out.

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot at HLS, Karen! I really love the technique you chose for your card and the color combo is just beautiful! Such a pretty sentiment, too!

Kylie said...

It is so wonderful to have you as our Guest Designer at Happy Little Stampers, Karen. Your card is stunning just as they always are! xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Just beautiful !! and I wish you a very happy, healthy and creatif 2015!!

Greetings
Maria

Unknown said...

Love your card, must try out that technique, so effective. Karenx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful clean style, love the watery background with the stencil. Happy 2015! Shirleyx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I should read the post before I comment, I realize you used an embossing folder, it looks like a stencil :) x

Kathyk said...

FAB make - I love your choice of green - not a colour I use much and yet ...... methinks I SHOULD!!

Happy New Year

Kathyk

Verna Angerhofer said...

I so love the spring green color you chose and what a great background you chose to showcase the solid silhouette flowers. Thanks for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is such an amazing technique, and you do it so beautifully! Just love these colors together and the great embossing folder you used along with the script. And those beautiful silhouette flowers are lovely with the great "motto" for this year! Hugs1

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is lovely Karen! I love that 'layered' look, something I can usually only succeed at by actually adding layers! Hazel x

Sue said...

This is fab Karen, I love these layers xx

Craftyrose said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my colouring. I love your card, your use if ink layers is awesome.xx

Bobby said...

You always do such great watercolored cards, Karen. I have tried this technique but it's been a while. I'm definitely going to do it again, so thanks for the inspiration.

Sandra said...

Beautiful colour combo and fabulous technique - must try that.

Donna Ellis said...

Your card looks beautiful, Karen! I love the softness of nature's geometric design on your lush design! hugs, de

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I just love what you do with those embossing folders! I keep meaning to try this but don't think about it again once I'm home crafting. Someday it will happen!