Saturday 6 August 2016

Layered Stenciling


 Morning.

If you are a regular reader of my blog then you know how I love to create backgrounds and play with inks to add depth and interest to my cards.  I was really happy about how this one turned out.

I began with a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop called Mini Harlequin Circles.  I laid it over my white cardstock and using Shaded Lilac, I stenciled the first layer.  I moved the stencil then using Peacock Feathers I stenciled again leaving some open white space.
Next, using my MISTI, I inked the flowers from Tim Holtz with different colours of Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I continued to add more interest and layering to my card by stamping the same flowers with Versamark and  embossed them in white.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession with black Memento ink and splattered on some black acrylic paint.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- FABULOUS FLORALS

Craft Stamper- STENCILS AND MASKS

 Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES

Just Add Ink- ADD 'F'  
 (florals)



Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Tim Holtz, Impression Obsession/ stencil-TCW/ ink- Distress, Memento, Versamark/ white EB powder/ heat tool/mini mister/ Memento markers/ black acrylic paint/ Misti

26 comments:

Patty Albertson said...

Karen I love your background! I have to try this. I might have to CASE your card! Your cards are always so beautiful.

Kathyk said...

GORGEOUS! Just gorgeous!

Kathyk

SD pooja said...

Wow..very interesting !

Diane Jaquay said...

So much depth on this card, love it!!

marilyn said...

Wow....just..Wow! Thank you for the detailed explanation too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like the flowers and the depth to this. Those harlequins though, they make my eyes think they are out of focus.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful layered stencilling, Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful. I love all the look of layers you added with the stenciling!

Ellibelle said...

Love your inky creations Karen, this one is no exception. Absolutely beautiful!

Dotty Jo said...

Another total beauty of a card! Jo x

Davi said...

Beautiful colors and love the white embossing over ;)

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Great looking card. Love the depth and colors.

Lisa :) said...

This is oh-so-pretty!!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Karen, you are also Queen of Backgrounds! And I really love how you've used these! And what gorgeous colors and shades you've achieved and then white embossed over it! Wow! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs! xoxo

Nstiz said...

I have to second Cheryl's WOW! This one is a feast for the eyes, Karen in those magnificent colors! Love the stamp you chose too. It's your level of creativity that fascinates me! SO beautiful. Now I'm off to go shopping- again!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is really beautiful Karen. That background is fabulous..well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Marie-Louise said...

What a super card Karen. Beautiful background and gorgeous colours.

Gabi MeWi said...

Adorable.I love it.

Gabi MeWi said...

Adorable.I love it.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so delicate looking and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Christine Blain said...

Karen, this is stunning! Such a beautiful card, with lots of interest created by applications of ink. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a fabulous technique. I really love a the layers. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

Wow! Your card is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Linda said...

Love this!!! You've created so much depth with all those layers and I love the colours. The white embossing looks great too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous entry for the TIMI challenge !
xxx Ellie xxx

Bobby said...

This is fantastic, Karen. I love the layered stencil look and I wish I could get just the right amount of spray on my stamps so they don't look washed out. Yours always look so good.