Friday 3 November 2017

Holiday Wishes

Good Morning.
Here is another Christmas card I made for the holidays.
 I tried to keep it very CAS but added layers of stamping to give interest.

I began by inking up my long rectangle shape acrylic block with Distress inks, sprayed with water and pressed onto the paper keeping the ink concentration in the bottom corner of my card front.
When that was dry, I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches using my Misti.
To add more interest to the bkg, I stamped the ABC and the Texture Mini over the inked areas.
The snowflake was die-cut then I pressed it onto my Versamark ink pad and heat embossed it with silver powder.  I added a blue Nuvo drop to the center which gave a lovely effect.


 Thanks so much for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:

City Crafter- LITTLE SNOWFLAKE
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
As You Like It- CHRISTMAS OR NON-CHRISTMAS
(Christmas- it gives me a chance to re-connect with all my friends by
sending out cards)
Craft Rocket- CHRISTMAS IS COMING
CAS Watercolour- HOLIDAY
CAS(E) this Sketch- #246

Supplies
Stamps- Joyful Greetings (Paper Smooches)/ Texture Mini (Carabelle)/ ABC (Carabelle)
Inks- Broken China, Salty Ocean Distress (TH)/ Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- Misti/ long acrylic block/ Mister (TH)/ Caribbean Ocean Gloss Nuvo
Silver eb powder/ heat tool

26 comments:

Dortesjs said...

whoo again a gorgeous card- love it the colours arefab.

KarinsArtScrap said...

great background and fab design Karen very beautiful card
Gr Karin

Lucille K said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

Susan said...

Wonderful artsy Christmas card! Love the texture from the different stamps on top of the acrylic block inking.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is such an unusual combination of things but I really really like it.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercoloured acrylic block background, Karen:-) Love your added stamping, sentiment and beautiful die cut snowflake. I hope you add to our Nov. CAS Watercolour Holiday challenge. Your card is such a beautiful CAS design. TFS my friend. Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and artistic looking.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous snowflake card, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ina G said...

Amazingly perfect stamp layering Karen. Simply fabulous looking. Your silver snowflake then takes pride of place. Awesome and another fabulous font sentiment.

Nstiz said...

Your background is just amazing, Karen! I stared at it for quite a while. Love all that texture as a result of the stamps. Also love the stamp choices on this- SO perfect for a simple greeting. This is definitely one I'd love to case!

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Karen x

Bonnie said...

Love that background and the beautiful snowflake! Wow, Karen!

Pat said...

The blue are so pretty Karen, and perhaps it's the way the colours have mixed but it does look as though there is some purple too. I love the stencilling and extra background stamping which complements that pretty star and bold sentiment. x

Christine Alexander said...

awesome artsy Christmas card, I'm always in awe of your layered stamping :)

Bunny said...

Very pretty and creative. Love the snowflake. [Bunny]

Marina said...

Ooooooh this is gorgeous- i would so love to be able to layering stamps and colour like this. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Cara said...

Another stunning background on a fab card x

Mac Mable said...

So so pretty. Love the blues and how you've built up the background...stunning!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Great collage stamping. Your silver snowflake is so pretty!! xx

Wendy L said...

Love yor layout and design, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket. Xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO clever a Great design.
Faith
x

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous card, KAren. I love the bright colour and the different stamps. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Anonymous said...

I soo so love this I love the colours and all the different stamps that give your design texture! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at AYLI Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love the how you've stamped over the coloured background, it adds lovely depth. And the snowflake looks like a metal charm - must try that. Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

Linda said...

Love the background, and the snowflake looks so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx